HP eruv is up
The New Brunswick eruv is up. Remember it’s status depends upon Highland Park’s eruv bring up too.
How Can I Follow the Eruvs' Status
We have multiple ways of letting get updates of the Eruv's status. These include (you can click on the following items to go directly to the directions):
Follow us on Twitter at @hp_eruv.
We will post the eruv status for both the New Brunswick and the Highland Park/Edison eruv as soon as we finish checking them.
If you follow us on Twitter, you can setup your smart phone to notify you when there's an update and what that update says. Get instantaneous notifications whether the eruv is up or down without going into any apps on your phone.
Just follow these detailed instructions to setup Twitter notifications.
Follow us on Facebook at @hperuv. We automatically post our Twitter feed to this Facebook group.
If you follow us on Facebook, you can setup your smart phone to instantly notify you when there's an update. However, unlike Twitter, you won't see the contents of that update. You will have to go into Facebook to see whether the eruv is up or down.
The News Page
Go to the HP Eruv news page, and we display the last ten items on our Twitter feed. Please take careful note of the dates of each tweet. We also display the two latest tweets above.
You can call 732-247-ERUV for a recording of the latest status of the Eruv.
There is an unofficial means of getting Eruv updates via email. You can join this email list by sending an email to email@example.com. We will try to send out an email alert to this email list as soon as we get the actual status of the eruv. Unfortunately, in the last two years, these alerts have been somewhat sporadic and have sometimes come late. So, we cannot guarantee alerts from this service.
We currently don't support text alerts of the Eruv status. However, you can setup a Twitter account, and then connect that account to your cellphone. Once you do that, you can follow @hp_eruv and get text messages whenever we update the eruv statuses on Twitter. You will still need your own Twitter account. This way, you don't need a smart phone to receive these alerts.
Warning: Twitter doesn't charge you for text notifications, but your carrier may have texting charges depending upon your plan. Most monthly plans now allow for unlimited texting. However, please go over your cell phone plan, so you may understand any charges that you will occur.
- Sign up for Twitter if you haven't already signed up for one.
- Click on your icon in the upper left hand corner of the Twitter screen.
- Once you do that, you will see a dropdown menu, select Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- You will now see a menu on the left side of the webpage. Select Mobile.
- Put in your mobile phone number into the Phone Number field and press Continue.
- Twitter will send you a text message to your mobile phone. This will be from 40404 and contain a six digit confirmation code. Get the code and type it into verification code field on that page and press activate phone.
- Now select Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications and press Save Changes.
- From your phone, send the message follow hp_eruv to 40404. This is the Twitter number for text messaging.
- You will now receive a text alert whenever we send out an update to the @hp_eruv Twitter account.